Monday, August 30, 2010

New Home

We've moved...again. :) A friend of ours hooked us up with a new apartment near the MAF housing. It's usually used for very short-term, but the owners gave us permission to stay through November. The rent is CONSIDERABLY less than what we're used to paying, and it's a huge blessing.

It is sparsely furnished, but everyone has been so generous and given us things to borrow while we're there....a bed, refrigerator, dishes...the list goes on.

When you walk into the apt, you're in a wide hallway. There are 2 bedrooms on the right half, and one main room to the left. Here's our bedroom. We're just using the other room for storage. I felt like I was living out my childhood fantasy of being one of the Boxcar Children. As I was cleaning the place out before we moved in....I was trying to imagine every possible use for each item I found tucked away in the closets. One of my proudest accomplishments...our couch. :) It's a bed...with one of the thin mattresses flipped up. There was this really random piece of material...like 3 double sheets sewn together...PERFECT for a big huge slip cover. A couple of random patio furniture pillos....2 more pillows from my friend Dawn...Tah-dah!

We've added some things after I took these pics, but I didn't know if it would ever be this clean again.

Here's the main room- living room/dining room/kitchen in one! :)Here's the view from our front door- 2nd story of the building. That's the Nate Saint Missionary School below us.Home Sweet Home for the next 3 months!

1 comment: