Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Muchas Cosas

I know an update is long overdue, and so much has happened in the last few weeks. I'm going to try to abbreviate things, but we'll see....
Since the last post on the 17th....
  • We continue to have visitors who help with construction on the property and work with the kids. Whiting family of 6, Rick Herold and his crew from North Dakota, Brian Brijbag and team from Florida, few more summer volunteers came in, and now we have a team in from Dallas. They're wrapping up morning VBS right now... :)
  • Dwight and I moved from one house to another last Thursday. We continue to live in our friends' furnished homes while they are out of the country. This is our 5th "home" to live in since we got married 2 years ago. The current place is only for a month, so we're not even unpacking. Wait....change that to I (Tandy) am not wasting time to unpack.
  • Another personal note....Dwight and I will be staying through until November. The building is still not finished, and Dwight wants to see it through to completion. I'll continue to help organize things for the move and help with all the volunteers and school staff for this next year.
  • Lots of changes with the kids as well....Esteban and Jessica both went home to be with their families. Marley & Carlos went home yesterday as well. Carlos has been wanting to go home for a long time. Marley did not want to return, because she was abused by an older half-brother when she was younger. Somehow, they both ended up going, so please keep them in your prayers.
  • Yesterday we received a sibling set of 4- 1 girl and 3 boys. Their father is in prison, and his sentence is for 16 years. Please pray for these 4 as they settle into their new home. School will be a huge adjustment for them considering
    all of the other older kids now speak English.
  • Tia Retreat- We are having overnight retreats for the tias- split into 2 groups between last weekend and this coming one as well. It has been a joy to serve these ladies, because they always work so hard with the kids. Loly Isbell is leading the spiritual lessons and worship. Please pray that all of the tias' hearts would be opened to the gospel, and that they would really come to understand how much our Father loves them.

- This home is owned by missionaries in Quito, and people all over the country use it for retreats. It's beautiful! It's up on top of a secluded mountain...an amazing view on all sides.

Here's the entry-way... Love it!


Tia Gloria and I were the last ones in musical chairs. You could say we're both a little competitive. ;)

  • The MUB continues to progress. It deserves its own post, and I don't have any new pics right now. :) The doors will go in soon, and we will be able to start moving things over at that point.
  • I just needed to post a picture of this. Dwight had Freddy over the other night, because they needed to work on plans for the building. The group who took the kids to the beach left some extra S'more ingredients, and Dwight has been savoring them one at a time. :) He was so excited to teach Freddy about this American tradition....even if they used a gas stove.



My brain is fried. I can't think of anything else at the moment, but I'm positive I'm leaving things out. We're transitioning out of the summer and into the school year, and there are so many things to be done.

Please pray for all of us...that we would be strengthened during this time. Pray that we would be able to work in ways that are pleasing to God...have healthy boundaries with our time and not let the 'busyness' bring us down.

1 comment:

  1. Until November? WOO HOo!! My first thought was hmm, can I make it down there before then? I can't, but I SO wish I could! I love you guys and am praying for you. Thanks so much for this blog, Tandy, I love keeping up with what's going on.
    Julie Y.

    ReplyDelete