Sunday, June 19, 2011

Laptop

I received a HUGE surprise when the first team (Brookhaven 1st Baptist, Mississippi) came a few weeks ago....They brought me a brand new laptop- almost exactly like my old one! My old laptop had been making crazy noises...shutting down whenever it wanted too for different lengths of time, etc... for about 6 months. Considering the majority of my job here is on my laptop, it made work a little challenging!

Anyway...the week before Brookhaven came, my laptop completely crashed. eh...I honestly had not even thought about trying to replace it, and then SURPRISE! Patti Sue had told them about my laptop months before apparently, and they had already been raising money to buy me a new one that would be reliable. I was/am so humbled by such a huge gift! Saying 'thank you' seemed so insignificant! I thought I should at least post it on here, so it would be a little bit bigger of a 'thank you.' ha. :)


On that same note....the other night Jonathan did something that was both funny and sad at the same time. Dwight and I both were frantically trying to catch up on emails one night after being with the team. We looked over, and Jonathan was setting up one of his little board books to look like a laptop. He was punching his fingers on it like it had a keyboard, and he was moving his head along to a silent beat....VERY busy obviously. It was hilarious....then sad, b/c he obviously has seen this modeled for him WAY too much! Anyway...still makes for a cute picture.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I know first hand how God moves in adoptions, and that he has hand chosen the children for us before we knew we were even interested in adoption, but it never fails to amaze me when I see an adopted child that looks so much like the forever family that they are blessed to receive. He looks JUST LIKE Dwight in this picture, it is uncanny! God is so amazing, in every little detail. Love you all, miss you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the picture of Jonathan and I at Dia del Nino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I meant Hola Vida!!!!!! :) Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad sent Dwight an email... I don't know if he'd seen that yet or not. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Jonathan I said hello and I miss him VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. So CUTE!!!!!!!!!! :)
    Elizabeth Stewart

    ReplyDelete