Friday, July 9, 2010

MUB

Our FABULOUS summer volunteers have the kids occupied with non-stop activities, and I'm loving it. ....Hence my ability to post on here 2 days in a row. :)

I took these pictures at the MUB last week...and I'm just now getting them uploaded. I'll probably take some more this weekend....meaning you'll see them in a week or two. ha!
Tom was a great help in getting the tile started. This is Patti Sue's room that they're working in, and it's now finished.

Sexy knee-pads....

This is the one bath-tub, which will be so great for the babies!

2 coats of paint on all walls and ceilings = tons of fun for our volunteers
Eva worked on trim all day. :)
Pehr and Dennis built and hung the first door. Woo-hoo! All of the doors will slide for easier wheelchair access.


The Ecuadorian maestros and workers have been focusing on the jobs upstairs, because gringos don't know how to do them. :)

Dwight said they've already almost finished the enlucido- the smooth concrete mix that they put over the blocks. Hopefully we'll start plastering upstairs next week.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. That is so exciting to see how it is progressing. God is good all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe how great the building looks!!! Praise God!! I wish I could come visit you guys!!! :) Keep up the great work you are doing!

    ReplyDelete