Friday, August 14, 2009

It's a BEAUTIFUL Day in the Rain Forest!

We woke up to clear skies and sunshine this morning, and it is just a gorgeous day! It's usually pretty overcast, so this is a welcome change.

Today's kind of a catch-up day trying to finish up a few things, and I wanted to give some updates. Several people have asked about Rosa and Anita, and we're thankful for everyone's prayers on their behalf!

Anita was released the day after my post last week. It took her another full day until she seemed back to "normal," and she stopped having convulsions. Patti Sue took her to Ambato earlier this week, and they did confirm that she has epillepsy. We're not sure if there's more to it than that, but she's doing much better now that's she's on anti-seizure meds.


She's having a great time with the other kids, and she always has a smile on her face. Praise God!




Little Rosita is doing much better as well! I tried to take a picture of her on Monday to do this blog, but she was NOT HAPPY with me. She was sick, but she's better now after taking some antibiotics.



I went in today to get a picture, and at first she pushed me away. Then she proceeded to pose and smile like she has NEVER done before! She is a character.....






Here's a couple of more pictures of every-day life here.....


Grace with a baby someone donated that makes noise when you push its belly. :-) She loves to take care of babies....


Here's one of Krushkaya/ "Cuca".... being her usual self. For those of you who have met her...you know what I mean. :-)


I took this about 10 minutes ago as the kids were preparing to leave for the park to enjoy this weather!




Dwight and I are leaving tomorrow night on an overnight bus to go to the beach for a few days!!! We're going to Same Beach, Esmereldas...near Atacames in case anyone (family members, I'm sure) wants to look it up on the map. We are so ready to have a break after the long summer, and we're also celebrating our first anniversary! Our first year of marriage has flown by....We've lived in Alaska for 3 1/2 months...Texas for 3 months...and now Ecuador for 5 1/2 months! What a first year... We are having the time of our lives, and God continues to teach us both on this new journey. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post and for all the pictures. I am so glad to hear that Anita is doing better and that Rosa is back to her happy self minus a cast!

    I miss the kids more and more everyday. Give them all hugs for me!!

    Sara B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it was a year ago we were at your wedding... seems like SO much has happened since then! Miss you guys!
    Jess and Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!!! Enjoy your trip, and then come home and start preparing for my visit. ha ha. Can't wait! I'm already regretting that it will only be 2 weeks... but, some is better than none. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! It seems like just yesterday!

    ReplyDelete