Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dwight’s Response to the Money Belt

Remember the picture of me at the airport?….. Apparently this is what makes Dwight smile like that.



We had been told about Johnny’s, a burger place here in Shell. They also have these ‘tablitas,’ which are loaded with fries and meat- 2 of Dwight’s favorite things. This is the first time since we’ve been here that he’s had this much meat at once…and he was obviously VERY pleased. I said, “Oh, I want to take a picture.” He said, “Here, I’ll hold it.” Then he proceeded to make that face….which was truly just to mock my picture from the airport.
Johnny is awesome! He knows quite a bit of English, and it’s fun to converse with him. I’ll have to take a picture of his shop, because if I call it a restaurant it paints the wrong picture. It’s just an open-front room really, and his grill is right at the front. He just stands there and cooks orders all night. I haven’t had a hamburger yet, but I hear they’re fabulous.
I feel like I painted a bad picture of what our food experience has been like thus far with my market posting. We’ve actually had Chinese food, Pizza, Johnny’s, and a really nice steak restaurant. And they’re all REALLY good! We are not deprived in the least. The best part is how cheap it all is. :-) That tablita you saw is about $3.50. That’s also why Dwight is smiling like that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, you think one of those would hold if you mailed it too me. that looks goo-ood.

    ReplyDelete